
Glen read Ally her first Chapter Book, Ramona Quimby, Age 8. Glen would read it to her at night and they have really both enjoyed their time together.
They are going to read The Boxcar Children next. I remember loving those books as a little girl. Ally seems to love books and is anxious to learn to read. We hope to keep her going with it. I never liked to read and wasn't very good at it. I hope Ally will love it.
2 comments:
Hah, I totally had the Ramona books when i was little....But never much of a reader either...Sadly i am still not. Aside from my daily scripture read I rarely will just sit down to read a book. O but then again i downed the whole Twilight series in about a day, so I guess there a few exceptions.
But like you I hope my kids will do much more.
It's cute that Glen is doing the reading with her.
I was always looking for good kid books to read to Maddie. I loved Ramona books when I was a kid too, but here are a few that we really like reading together:
"Junie B. Jones": it's a series of like 30 books but they are super funny!
"Magic Tree House": Also a series and it is best to read these in order.
Those are just a few of our favorite chapeter books.
Hey I am sorry for not calling you back, I was sick when you called, and since then everyone of my kids have been sick so I haven't had a second to get back to you. Sorry :) I will call you Monday!
Paige
Post a Comment