Bye Daisy. We will miss you!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Our First Pet, Daisy...DIED
Well, I went to feed our pet goldfish last week, and she was floating underneath her bridge in the goldfish bowl. I didn't say anything to Ally. I told Glen, he said just go get another one and we won't tell her. Then, that night Glen took the kids on a hike so I could clean the house and he told her on the hike. Ally fell asleep on the way home from their hike. I didn't know that he told her. The next morning, Ally woke up and said, "Mom, Dad told me about Daisy...that she died." and she sounded all sad and pouty. I was surprised since Glen told me not to tell her and then he did! She was sad (for about 10 minutes) that Daisy wasn't able to have a birthday since we got her only about 8 months ago :) We love birthday parties around our house. I told her we would go get another fish and have a toilet funeral. She didn't like that at all. I told her "that's what you do with pet fish when they die. It's like Fish heaven." She said "Why would they want to go where the poop goes?" (Good question)... Well, I think I rattled off something pretty dumb, but she ended up being ok with the flushing the fish. She didn't want to attend the fish funeral though. She said that would make her more sad. Anyway, I had the fish funeral, by myself. (It was tough, but I got through it :) ), and we got dressed and went to PetSmart and got a new fish. We named her Dandelion and we will call her Dandy. (Dandelion is a fairy in Fairytopia Movie and we rented it this week). So apparently all of our fish will be girls and have flower names ??? i realized I don't have a picture of Daisy alive. So Sad. But here are some of her dead...lol.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad you were able to get through the funeral. These kind of things can be tough.
This is definetly a keeper posting for your journal. Poop question?? That is hilarious that Ally asked that . . . and you took a picture??? you are cracking me up!
Seriously, love the pics - I cannot belive you got a minute-by-minute account of poor Daisy's funeral - you're great.
Post a Comment