Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have never done Thankful Thursday before, not because I am ungrateful, just hard to use brain power to think of something thoughtful to say! :)

I am thankful for friends.

Melinda lives 2 doors down from me and Ethan and Ally go to a Library Storytime on Thursdays together and we take turns driving. Which is SO nice that I don't have to take Isaac every week and entertain him during storytime every week. Also, after storytime today Ethan came over afterwards and played at our house. They had a great time. It's funny how kids (at least Ally is) are so competitive. They raced up the stairs, to the library, from the library, who ate lunch first, etc. Also, I find it very interesting at such a young age that Girl Toys vs. Boy Toys are such a big deal. Ally is very aware (as is Ethan) of what they are "Supposed" to play with. Their aren't many girls in our neighborhood Ally's age, so she plays with boys mostly and does very well. Anyway, after an hour of compromising on boy vs girl stuff they started playing with legos and ended up playing pretend and running from things that would turn them into Fairies (or something like that ??) - Thanks for being a good friend Ethan.




Last weekend we went to Utah County and Ally got to play with lots of different kids. First we went to Marianne's and Ally played with Jack while I got my haircut. Ally and Jack had fun. Isaac loved Janie and played so nice with her, I was very proud of him. Then we picked up Kamryn and took her to lunch and to Walmart to pick out a present for her birthday. We then went to Haynie's (has 3 boys) and Jeanette met us there (with her 2 girls) - Ally had SO Much fun playing with them. Which was so fun to see because we used to hangout SO much with them, and she didn't really remember them at first. But she had so much fun with Kamryn (as always), but to see the 4 of them running and screaming from Max was hilarious and to see the commadere (spelling? Colby don't judge) of the girls was so fun. I hope to get together with the Huntsman girls more and let Ally play. We have also been hanging out with the Despain's a lot lately and they have 2 girls (Dru, 4 and Keri, 6) that Ally just adores and says Dru is her best friend. Isaac is playing better with kids also and loved being at the Haynies (with all the boy stuff) and he loves Caleb Despain also - He bullies Caleb a little still, but Caleb is going to get sick of it soon and pound on Isaac, I am just sure of it.


Those of you who know me well know that I NEED FRIENDS - I love having people to talk to on the phone and email and hangout with at the park etc. With our moving around I have been blessed with meeting new people everywhere I go and have "gathered" a lot of friends, but most of them I don't live by anymore. I am so happy to be getting more and more friends here in Cache Valley and feeling like "I belong".

Long entry - sorry - I am thankful for FRIENDS!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Katherine, I am also SO grateful that you guys live next door. Ethan and Ally have a great time playing together (after they work through their competitiveness!) and we love having her over. That is an adorable picture of her!

Anonymous said...

Great entry Kathrine. I feel like crying. I don't think my hormones are quite in check yet. Love you guys!!