Isaac has had diarrhea for 5 days now. I call the doctors 2 days in a row, and they say that it's probably just a lower intestinal virus and they have seen it going around and it is lasting 7-10 days! That there is not ANYTHING i can give him, just make sure he is drinking and try to feed him the BRATY diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and yogurt). Not so easy to convince Isaac what to eat though.
I can't take it anymore. I have gone through so many diapers (not to mention it started on Monday and that is the day I was going to start potty-training:) )and his bum is getting sore and he isn't eating well! He doesn't have any others symptoms, so it seems strange. No fever, no throw up, no cough, no runny nose, nothing. Just diarrhea! And wierd, that Ally, Brooklyn, Glen or I have not had anything going on.
Pray for me to make it through the next 5 days. AHHH! Oh yah, I do feel bad for Isaac too, lol, but he has been tough and acting pretty well considering, but he is getting so tired of it. Poor Guy!
And actually Isaac only had a little squirt this morning so far (sorry kind of gross), and he has eaten 1/2 banana, a cup of applesauce, powerade and some chips. Which is better than we have done, so hopefully we are on the mend! :)
Ok I am done venting - Thanks - I think I am feeling better!
HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!
7 comments:
Marissa had that a couple of months ago. It was terrible, so I feel your pain! I basically put her in a T-shirt and diaper because I was sick of changing her clothes 10 times per day! She didn't have any other symptoms either, just diarrhea and it lasted about a week. We went through sooo many diapers. I hope he gets better soon!
I am glad to know that it does go away in about a week. I hope Isaac's does too. Thanks for the comment!
Use wet paper towels instead of wet wipes - that will keep the rash down. Sorry - that stinks, literally and figuratively!
So seriously my life is about poop! The BRATY diet really works, but if his poor bum is soar my doctor make this bum cream that she calls "diarrhea bum paste". I love it and use it only when we have had major issues. It is made up of Questran 5% and Aquaphor. You can buy Aquaphor anywhere, but mixed with that other stuff is amazing!!! I am sure your pediatritian has something similar. Wet paper towels are great, and a bath of either baking soda or vinegar is great too. Good luck! I feel your pain.
I know you are frustrated but that post was funny, especially the squirt comment! Poor Isaac. Diarrhea is the worst.
Man-poor kid. My kids love the BRATY diet any time but when they have diaherra. Sorry Katherine, sorry Isaac. Are you in Ogden?
Oh, I'm so sorry! Both my kids had that a few weeks ago. I'm sorry to say that is lasted about 9 days for both of them. Hang in there!
Post a Comment