Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

Glen's parents came up this weekend and we had a great time. Saturday afternoon we watched conference while Isaac took a nap and then we went to Fredrico's Pizza for dinner and Aggie Ice Cream before Glen and Murray went to the priesthood meeting. Murray and Kathy's first experience with both places and I think they were impressed. (especially with Aggie Ice Cream!)(Isaac with his Aggie Blue Mint Ice Cream, it is so good)

Kathy and I played with the kids. Grandma was such a good sport playing with Ally. They played Barbies and we did puzzles. Ally loved having her attention and playing with her. Isaac had fun just being with Grandpa and Grandma and also playing puzzles and trucks.


He had a rough night and was crying most of the night. I realized in the middle of the night it was his ears AGAIN! So, Glen and I were up most of the night trying to appease him. Watching Backyardigans, cups of milk, a bath, I took him for a drive and Glen took him for a drive. Glen let me have a couples hours of sleep from 7-9am. Then I took Isaac to the InstaCare (they didn't open until 9am) - He had a bad ear infection in his left ear and his right ear has fluid in it. This is his 4th ear infection in 3 1/2 months . So I will be making an appt. with the ENT next week and probably talk about tubes... It's bizarre because I would've had tubes put in, in Nov. when he had his tonsils out, but he hadn't had but 1 or 2 ear infections ever. Now, he has had several ear infections since then. The Dr. today said that it is strange because he should have more room in his ear area to not get fluid in there, but that he may have allergies in Logan that is not helping. He does have allergies(but also did in Meridian), and we have him taking zyrtec every night, but we will have to see what our next step will be. So he has either been on antibiotics (which make him a little sick to his stomach) or has had an ear infection most 2008. Poor Kid!


Anyway, we got him ear numbing drops, tylenol with Codeine, and Augmentin. He has now been asleep for 4 hours. So, I am sure he will start feeling much better.

On Sunday, we watched (some slept or listened to)conference and then Ally and Granpda and Glen played Barbie "Fairies" in the basement for a while. Grandpa was "Dillon, the Fairy" :) And Glen, was Dallas (the mean guy) and Ally was Alena the beautiful fairy, of course. What a great dad and grandpa!

Then we watched the second conference session and Grandma and Grandpa played Memory and Candyland with Ally and colored princess pictures.

We are so glad that they came up to visit us!

I look forward to conference and always wish I could listen a little better, but it's hard being a mom with little kids to concentrate. But, I loved the talks I was able to hear and will be excited to read the talks I missed. I know I fall short in a lot of areas but just keep thinking that I will try a little harder to do a little better and just do the best I can. And hope that's enough. :)


I bought a headband from Haley and I love it. It stayed in my hair very well and is nice to keep my bangs back that I am growing out. Check out Hayleaves blog to see. I also ordered all new MaryKay makeup and skin care and I love it. I feel like a renewed woman! Now I just need some sun! PLEASE PRAY FOR SUNSHINE!


Have a great day.

9 comments:

Dinger said...

Katherine you will love tubes. Jack had them when he turned one and was a new kid. One has already fallen out and he has had two ear infections in two months. AAAAAAhhhhh. I feel your pain and Jack feels Isaac's.
I just said good bye to Marinda, I can't believe you all are leaving me. :(
Good Luck! Love Ya!

Dana said...

Katherine, I loved your post today. I guess it reminds me of being surrounded by family and those we love and yes...sleeping through some of conference!!
You and I could have comforted each other last night *see my blog*.
Poor Isaac! He is such a trooper...no YOU are such a trooper. Thanks for calling! It was so fun to chat!

Justin and Lori said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! My poor buddy Isaac I hope his ears start feeling better!

Natilie said...

What fun grandparents. Sorry to hear about Isaac. I hope things get worked out soon!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Oh Katherine- I am sorry. Poor little Isaac. Ear aches are no fun. I hope he feels better soon and I hope you all had a better night.

Melinda said...

Poor Isaac and poor you! I hope he gets past this soon and you can all get some rest. I wondered if you had company this weekend when I saw the red SUV parked outside your front door. We had my brother's family come up for the weekend. I love having family around for Conference! This is new for us! The last two conferences have been family gatherings as well as a great weekend of spiritual edification.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry Katherine, I hate when the kids are sick. Mine both have allergies also. Sam has literally had a nasty, runny nose for over a month, which keeps him up many nights. And Rex sleeps at night but is super ornery during the day when his nose is pouring snot! Hope you get it figured out soon! I really miss Conference when we were actually able to listen to all the talks!

Anonymous said...

Look at all your comments!! You're are well loved! Glad your weekend went pretty good. Let us know how the ENT doctor goes!!

Walker paradise said...

tubes are defintely worth it, but I was surprised when he still got an ear infection with the first set of tubes but not as many, so far we lucky with the second set of tubes. Hope he feels better he is so cute.