Monday, October 22, 2007

We are in Logan



Here are some pics of Isaac and Ally playing in the leaves at our house. They are having fun with all the leaves falling. It's great to have a lot of trees in our yard, we haven't had that for a few years. With that comes work too, but so far it hasn't been too bad. My dad came up and mowed our lawn last week while Glen trimmed and pickup the yard and fixed the playhouse in the backyard. It was a big help. Thanks Dad.

We love it here and we know it's was the right house and the right place for our family. So that is a great feeling to have. On the other hand, it's been a rough week. I really miss all of my friends in Meridian. Ally has been sad also. She misses her friends at church and preschool. We haven't got her in a preschool yet, since it's the middle of the year. And, there is mostly boys in our ward that are her age. So, we drove to Pleasant Grove on Sunday night so Ally could play with her cousin Kamryn. She loved it and it made her happy to be able to see Kamryn. They play very well together.

Isaac has been a challenge too. I find myself complaining about him a lot, but man, he is high-maintenance. I know that I am blessed to have 2 wonderful healthy children. I do know that. But that doesn't make the everyday struggles any easier. Isaac has huge tonsils and the doctor in Meridian thought I should get them out right away, but then we couldn't get in with the ENT before we moved. I have an appt with an ENT on Friday here in Logan, so we will see what he says. But, since his tonsils are huge, he snores very loud and wakes up a lot. He doesn't eat well, because his throat doesn't have enough room to easily swallow any food. So it's been a trial. On top of that, he is just an agressive boy that I don't know how to deal with :)

But, I guess you can see I need some friends, because I don't have any to vent to I am blogging my frustrations.

We love our home and our neighborhood and Cache Valley is so beautiful! We feel very lucky to live here.

I am slowly getting unpacked! Man, there is just not enough hours in the day!

I feel like I hit a brick wall. We had an exciting couple months. I was called to be primary president in Meridian in July. Then that week, we found out about the job opportunity in Logan. We just couldn't pass it up. But I felt terrible about leaving my newly split ward.

So I reorganized a primary, sold a house, bought a house, packed a house in about 2 months. I know everyone moves and everyone goes through all of this. But I handled it all very well in the midst of it, and now, it's like I am so exhausted from all of it I can't recover.

Really, in spite of all of my thoughts WE ARE DOING GREAT! Really - I promise :)

Glen's job is going well, and he is loving his 3 minute commute. And he comes home for lunch most days. So it's been nice.

I found a great drive through drink place where the diet coke is good and cheap - only 85 cents for a 32 oz drink. I know - I am obsessed. :)

Our primary here is only about 45 kids and the nursery about 12. There is a little boy that is exactly Isaac's age and a few boys and 1 girl that is Ally's age. So it is quite different from the ward we came from of 85 in primary and 30 in nursery and before the split about 200 in nursery and primary together. It is an older ward with lots of high school kids. So it will be fun to experience a different atmosphere with lots of youth. Isaac goes into nursery in less than a month! Yahoo!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Katherine, I saw your blogs on Chanell's and thought I would say hi! I noticed I am even on the blog!!! YEA!!! Anyway hope you are doing well and that you get some R&R soon. We miss you here in Green Valley. BTW, how is your haircut?

Michelle said...

Oh I meant to put my blog address. It is www.weymouthfamily.blogspot.com