Well, it seems the last couple weeks have been consumed with runny noses, coughs, ear infections (including a 1am trip to the ER for Isaac's ears), deciding on whether to get the H1N1 vaccine, washing hands, using sanitizer, etc.
I am not a paranoid person...at all. But between having a little baby, Ally in school, and our upcoming trip to CanCun, I have been consumed.
So, we got seasonal flu vaccines last month(which I told the kids we had to get them to go to mexico) - they still cried but we did it.
Then today, we went and got the H1N1 vaccine (again to go to Mexico) eventually they are not going to believe anything I say...
I am glad that we got it before our trip to Mexico this month, and am glad that we were all (not Macy) able to get the injection vaccine which in inactivated virus instead of the FLUMIST which is a Live Virus Vaccine. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it still makes me feel better about it.
Then, today we learned that if you are 9 yrs or younger, you have to go back in 28 more days to get a booster vaccine, since they haven't built any antibodies...Anyway, we will already be back from Mexico - so don't ask me how I am going to drag my kids in for more shots - ugh. Santa maybe?
Now, i just pray we can stay healthy until we go!
3 comments:
I am amazed you were even able to get it. They are only giving them in the schools here and you have to be a registered student.
Yah - I heard in Idaho they don't have very many vaccines yet.
Our health dept here in Cache Valley was one of the first health dept in Utah to get it. And, we Glen and I could only get it because we have a baby under 6 months of age. But everyone ages 6 mo-24 years of age can go get it here. no matter what? I am glad for that!
My sister in law just found out she has it and she is pregnant -so that's a little scary!
I got it along time ago due to being a intensive nurse but Ty couldn't get it because he didn't fit the range and he got the actual sickness and has been home for 7 days ahh! anyhow tyson and tynley got the live vaccine and seem to be fine, BUT playa de carmen I hear is AWESOME! I've had a few friends go and a few did take their kids, from our experiences on cruises and what they said is that I always pack way to many clothes because laundry is fairly cheap, now when I went with a baby i packed a BUNCH of clothes but I always seem to overpack the older kids on the clothing,and I learned to bring my pack and play b/c she would never sleep in the hotels or boats provided ones, BUT it's yet another thing to bring and carry, check the stroller and the car seat right at the plane entrance too use it till the last minute, that's my advice after what I think is a fair amt of traveling with kiddos! :)
Post a Comment