Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend in the "Big City"

This weekend we went to SLC and stayed at the Little America on Friday and Saturday. Glen won an award or something where we had a 2 night stay, mileage reimbursement, and $100 spending money. We needed to use it by the end of the year and so we decided to go hang out downtown SLC. Ally was excited to see the BIG CITY.

We went to the Church History museum first. There is a place where the kids can play and do some projects. That was fun. I think it would be really neat to spend some time there without kids and really read and learn some things.

We went to eat lunch at Hires (the original one) - it was really good.



We got dressed warm and rode TRAX up to temple square - (I had never been on TRAX, and neither had the kids. Isaac loves trains, so that was pretty fun)

We walked around in the rain and saw the lights and watched the nativity story. Ally really liked the story and Isaac actually did really well. This is how I know that getting his tonsils out has helped him. He would have never done this well with everything we did. He had fun just riding around in the stroller. He didn't like me to stop and look at anything, but he did great.




We went to dinner and then went back to the hotel and went swimming. It was a lot of fun and both the kids loved it. The pool at Little America is really cool. It's heated and it's half outside and half inside. Well it was snowing really hard outside, so we went over to that side for a minute and swam in the snow. The kids thought that was so fun.






The next morning we took the kids up to my mom's and she kept them at her house on Saturday night. Glen and I went and saw the Joseph Smith movie and ate at the Lion House Pantry. The movie was SO GOOD. If you haven't seen it I encourage you to do so. I felt the spirit so strong and it really made me think about my testimony of Joseph Smith and what an amazing boy and man he was. With my life sort of being crazy for a while, I haven't been in a realy spiritual place. I don't think I have taken time to try to feel the spirit. So this was so neat and much needed.

We went shopping a little (but man, the stores are so crazy, it wasn't that fun and we didn't really buy much) - we went to eat at Spagetti Mama's and saw "Dan in Real Life" with Steve Carrell - really good movie. I really liked it. Kind of comedy - kind of drama. Cute Show.

Anyway, you are all probably bored with my details - but it was a really fun weekend. And, I was so impressed with how well the kids did. We haven't done much as a family since Isaac was born, so it was a blast.

2 comments:

Chanell said...

That sounds sooo fun. Looks like you guys had a great time. We are going to try and stop by Temple Square on our way down for Christmas since the girls are both screaming hysterically by the time we hit Salt Lake. Talk to you soon!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I am glad you guys had a great weekend.