Ally started 1st grade last Wednesday! She loves it. She loves being gone all day, learning and being with her friends. She has a very wonderful veteran teacher who has taught 1st grade for about 20 years. She is perfect for Ally.
I wasn't sad at all that she was going to school. We were both ready. But now that's it's been a week, I can see that I am going to miss her as time goes on. We are getting along better and so are she and Isaac. So it seems to be good for all of us.
My house is a lot cleaner that it has been probably in 2 years. haha. I babysat Ally's friend for 2 years and they just constantly were making messes and eating snacks. So - I went from 4 kids to 2 kids. It's been a big difference.
The night before school started, Ally lost her 3rd tooth - the first one on the top. She said I tricked her to pull it out. I think I was just being a really thoughtful mom so she didn't have to go to the first grade with a dangling tooth. But truthfully it felt great to pull that tooth out! hehe.
I love Ally so much. She is such a good girl and I am so proud of how well she is doing in school! :) She is also a proud new owner of a pair of "twinkle toes" shoes. As we left the store, she said "I can't believe that they are mine!" haha. We get a lot a handmedowns (thanks to all my sisters and sisters-in-laws) - and I don't buy her a lot of "trendy" clothes or shoes. She was so excited! :)
Anyway - I haven't blogged for a while - but I wanted to write a few things about Ally starting school!
No comments:
Post a Comment