To answer a couple questions with my thyroid remark...
I was feeling very emotional and just crazy over Thanksgiving and had a thought to look it up online. I had a lot of symptoms of thyroid issues, so I went to my MD and had them do a blood test. Sure enough my levels were very out of wack.
I am not taking Thyroid medications yet...hoping that the levels will even out. Hoping it was pregnancy induced and that when my hormones level out so will my thyroid levels. I am taking Propanolol. It keeps my heart rate and blood pressure down(since the over active thyroid keeps them running high) and helps me not feel so shaky and anxious.
I am feeling better and just hoping that my levels even out on their own, but not sure if they will.
Anyone else have thyroid issues? I have heard of a lot of people lately!
2 comments:
woa. you've been going through a lot. i hope they get it under control for you. and, congrats on the weight loss. it's always SOOOO encouraging when you get results! keep up the effort!!!
Hey Katherine, I have low thyroid and am yaking my thyroxin. Interestingly enough, my thyroid problem lies with my hypothalamus not siganling the thyroid, where most have problems with the thyroid gland itself. But if you don't want to be on medication, my sister had a great guy she sees that does a hullistic (sp?) approach to strenthening your gland instead of just supplimenting for the rest of your life. If you need to talk to her she would be happy to answer questions relating to her experiences. Good luck, Meg
Post a Comment