Monday, September 21, 2009

this week...

Macy isn't sleeping 10-11 hours through the night this week...I am not sure why. She is waking up at about 4am , which is fine if she went right back to sleep, but she is having a hard time going back to sleep for an hour and a half or so. Which is hard on me...I am not sure why she is reverting back.

We are also in kind of a tug a war with breastfeeding. I think my milk supply is shrinking a little and I have been supplementing with formula since she was born. But she likes the bottle/formula because it's easier and not as hard of work to eat, but she likes the comfort of nursing (espeically when tired), so we are doing both and it's kind of like I have to figure out what she is wanting at that moment and usually have to try both each feeding time - so now I am getting kind of frusterated.

I kind of would like to stop nursing all together, but I have some guilt about that, and wonder how I will get her to sleep if I don't nurse her. I know I guess she will get tired and figure it out, but you know, just the things that are hard to figure out as a mom.

Macy is getting bigger and is wearing some 3-6 month clothes now. She is one the verge of laughing and is smiling a lot! :) It is so fun and the kids love it when she smiles at them. That definately gives me JOY to see that!

Isaac bashed his head into a cupboard in nursery yesterday and has a HUGE goose-egg and bruise on his head. It was a pretty bad one. But he seems to be ok!


Isaac is LOVING preschool! He is did really well his first 3 days and the teacher said he is well mannered, polite and helpful to the other kids...WHO KNEW he had it in him? JK I am very proud of him!


Ally is doing well in school! She loves riding the bus! On the way to school (it's just kindergarteners) the bus driver sings songs with them and Ally LOVES that! But not on the way home because "the big kids wouldn't like that, Mom".

She is reading better everyday and has homework 4 days a week - usually practicing reading a short story and writing her letters! They also get to do a different emphasis everyday. Library, music room, pe, computer lab, and walking. She likes computers and PE! (just like her momma) :)

Ally had school pictures on Friday - and I am excited to see how they turned out.
We went to a BBQ with Glen's friends last night. He has had a group of friends in his MBA program that have worked on all the group projects together. They also did a backpacking trip to the Uintahs a few weeks ago. They have spent a lot of time together, but we hadn't really gotten together with families, so it was good to meet everyone!

Boyd, Jacob, Glen, Jeff, and Trevor


Trevor and Sara

Jen and Boyd


Jeff, Taye and their little girl Olivia



Jacob, Crystal and their daughter Jenny

4 comments:

Justin and Lori said...

Fun updates on your blog. The kids all look sooooooooooo cute. I can't believe how quick Macy is growing up, tell her to stop for Aunt Lori.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I had the hardest time breastfeeding Cole. Finally Heather and Mike told me to stop, but I felt so guilty.It was such hard thing. I finally stopped and everything was a lot better. It is so hard being a mom.

Okay and I know a kid that goes to school with Glen. Trevor Walker. I went to school with him. Small world.

me? said...

oh, the joys of motherhood comin' on strong, huh! i hate the mother guilt that comes stronger with each kid!!! Kat, you are an amazing mom. You have your kids' best interested at heart. Just do what works for you and for them and move on with it. Hope everything else is going well. Ally and Isaac are getting so big! Chat soon.

haley said...

didn't even realize that was the same trevor walker until torie pointed it out to me this weekend. tell him hi from me. his brother all but lived at my house in high school. oh, and don't forget to invite me when you go private!