Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wanted to remember this...

I have had a good couple days with my kids.  Glen went Elk hunting with his dad and brother and I have been home with the kids.  I was sort of dreading being home all weekend without him - but it has turned out to be fun to just focus on having fun with the kids.  Friday night I moved Isaac's mattress into Ally's room and let them have a sleepover with popcorn and watch a movie.  Saturday we bummed around in the morning, cleaned a little while the kids played and macy took a nap.  Then we went with Cassie and Brooklyn to Zollinger's farm and let them pick out pumpkins.  Then we took them to Old Grist Mill and had yummy soup and bread! :) Saturday night we just played outside, rode bikes and then they had another sleepover in Ally's room.

Sunday - I was really stressed about - with church and primary program practice, etc.  But the kids were good in sacrament and I have wonderful friends who helped me out at church and the nursery leaders let Macy come into nursery - so church ended up not being very stressful.

Anyway - Sunday afternoon we at ham sandwiches for dinner (easy), made cupcakes and went on a walk to deliver them and then went on a drive and watched the sunset...

My point was - I have enjoyed spending time with my kids... not telling them no and not telling them to be quiet because I am talking to dad or to go play because "I'm busy".  I guess I need to do this more - but it's not always easy.

I am ready for Glen to come back and don't want to do this all the time...(I am tired) - but I have really had a good weekend with my kids! :) Love them so much and want to remember to do this more!

2 comments:

Chanell said...

I should try to be more like you. I'm the queen of saying "no," It looks like such a fun weekend. And Ally looks so tall in that picture!

Katherine said...

Don't be hard on yourself! I usually say "no" too! Hence the making an effort to blog about saying "YES" !! haha. Ally is tall - and I just signed her up for bball. She will be the only girl on her team. There is probably 10 girls in the league of over 100 boys! :) Oh well - she is excited - so hopefully it's a good experience!